Features Removed or Not Included
- No Create-A-Style or Color Wheel —No Create-A-Style Confirmed
- No Cut Scenes —Confirmed: No Cut Scenes in The Sims 4
- The Sims 4 World is FUBAR: Loading screens between every lot, public spaces can’t be edited in any way, 5 lot maximum per neighborhood and the largest lot size is 50x50. —The Sims 4 Neighborhood
- Maximum Build Height: 3 Levels —Graham Nardone
- Foundations: No split levels or ability to have different height foundations on a lot. Example: A house built on a foundation and a shed built without a foundation is not possible. —Graham Nardone
- No Basements or Circular Stairs —Graham Nardone and Grant Rodiek
- No Clothes Shopping —Mini SimGuru Q&A from Twitter
- No Grocery Store —Sarah Holding
- No Tragic Clown or Social Bunny —Sarah Holding
- No Work or School Rabbit Holes. —Sarah Holding (one and two) Personal Note: Isn’t that a feature? Moving on…
- No Private School —Graham Nardone
- No Woohoo Skill —Meet The Sims 4!
- No Toddlers and Pools —Neighborhoods, Weird Moments and More!
- No Swimming at all or bathing suits. —Sarah Holding and Graham Nardone
- Only 2 Heights: Children and everyone else. Teens, young adults, adults and elders are all the same height —Graham Nardone and Grant Rodiek (Reason: Difficult/Costs too much)
- No Story Progression —Sarah Holding and Graham Nardone
Suspected but not confirmed (Sim Gurus will not answer the many Simmers who have asked.)
- No Terrain or Water Tools (flat lots only/ponds are objects)
- Can’t place ANY lots; can only change pre-placed lot types (i.e. commercial to residential)
- No Ownable Cars (or taxis and school buses): There’s no garages or driveways in the build mode video and in response to a question about transportation: “It doesn’t really make sense to ride one [tram or steamboat] with the way our neighborhoods are set up.” —Trevor Lindsey (Walking to the edge of the lot and teleporting is the only type of “transportation” mentioned so far.)
- No Ghosts and Aliens: No clue.
This kind of cinches it for me. As much as I’m intrigued by the Sims 4, I probably won’t be buying it when it comes out. Pools, I can sort of live without. Having no toddlers is not cool.
I’m a builder. I love building
game maps lots and worlds. It was my favourite thing to do in Sims 2 and it’s the reason I love Sims 3 so much. As much as the building aspect of Sims 4 was sold to look all pretty and easy, there seems to be many, many limitations that won’t make it as fun for me to build a neighbourhood, let alone a world.
No different heights for foundations… it drives me nuts already that we need a cheat to create true split-level houses. No editable public spaces… what? Max lot size 50x50? 5 lot maximum per neighbourhood??? And what’s this about no Create-a-style? I mean it’s true that most sims players only play one or two households, but what about the sizeable bunch of the community that enjoys the world building aspect???
Unless they make significant improvements towards a *complete* game, I most likely won’t be buying the future patched base game… and you better believe I won’t be buying it if all this stuff is included as an expansion pack. I guess I’d have to see the final product to decide if I’ll pick up the game at all. But here’s my voice in the noise with my disapproval face on. :p