Q:Are you coming back to SimTopi? You left it on such a great cliffhanger :)
Sorry I didn’t see this post… I haven’t been on tumblr in a while. :p
As much as I would love to continue Simtopi, the last time I tried to open my Sims 2 game, it took forever to load, generally acted glitchy and kept crashing. I may have to do the 50-50 thing with my downloads folder, but in all honesty, I’ve just been distracted. I’d still like to finish the story though in a way that will do it justice.
Thank you for asking though. :*)
The final version of Auberon will be uploaded in the next few days… just a teeny amount of testing left to do.
This version will have Pets, Seasons, Generations and Supernatural specific upgrades, as well as some lot enhancements (and of course, no CC). After testing with my legacy family for the past few weeks, I’m pretty happy with it, except for a glitchy lot or two. Also, I added a pool to one of the clubs. Hooray!
Features Removed or Not Included
- No Create-A-Style or Color Wheel —No Create-A-Style Confirmed
- No Cut Scenes —Confirmed: No Cut Scenes in The Sims 4
- The Sims 4 World is FUBAR: Loading screens between every lot, public spaces can’t be edited in any way, 5 lot maximum per neighborhood and the largest lot size is 50x50. —The Sims 4 Neighborhood
- Maximum Build Height: 3 Levels —Graham Nardone
- Foundations: No split levels or ability to have different height foundations on a lot. Example: A house built on a foundation and a shed built without a foundation is not possible. —Graham Nardone
- No Basements or Circular Stairs —Graham Nardone and Grant Rodiek
- No Clothes Shopping —Mini SimGuru Q&A from Twitter
- No Grocery Store —Sarah Holding
- No Tragic Clown or Social Bunny —Sarah Holding
- No Work or School Rabbit Holes. —Sarah Holding (one and two) Personal Note: Isn’t that a feature? Moving on…
- No Private School —Graham Nardone
- No Woohoo Skill —Meet The Sims 4!
- No Toddlers and Pools —Neighborhoods, Weird Moments and More!
- No Swimming at all or bathing suits. —Sarah Holding and Graham Nardone
- Only 2 Heights: Children and everyone else. Teens, young adults, adults and elders are all the same height —Graham Nardone and Grant Rodiek (Reason: Difficult/Costs too much)
- No Story Progression —Sarah Holding and Graham Nardone
Suspected but not confirmed (Sim Gurus will not answer the many Simmers who have asked.)
- No Terrain or Water Tools (flat lots only/ponds are objects)
- Can’t place ANY lots; can only change pre-placed lot types (i.e. commercial to residential)
- No Ownable Cars (or taxis and school buses): There’s no garages or driveways in the build mode video and in response to a question about transportation: “It doesn’t really make sense to ride one [tram or steamboat] with the way our neighborhoods are set up.” —Trevor Lindsey (Walking to the edge of the lot and teleporting is the only type of “transportation” mentioned so far.)
- No Ghosts and Aliens: No clue.
This kind of cinches it for me. As much as I’m intrigued by the Sims 4, I probably won’t be buying it when it comes out. Pools, I can sort of live without. Having no toddlers is not cool.
I’m a builder. I love building
game maps lots and worlds. It was my favourite thing to do in Sims 2 and it’s the reason I love Sims 3 so much. As much as the building aspect of Sims 4 was sold to look all pretty and easy, there seems to be many, many limitations that won’t make it as fun for me to build a neighbourhood, let alone a world.
No different heights for foundations… it drives me nuts already that we need a cheat to create true split-level houses. No editable public spaces… what? Max lot size 50x50? 5 lot maximum per neighbourhood??? And what’s this about no Create-a-style? I mean it’s true that most sims players only play one or two households, but what about the sizeable bunch of the community that enjoys the world building aspect???
Unless they make significant improvements towards a *complete* game, I most likely won’t be buying the future patched base game… and you better believe I won’t be buying it if all this stuff is included as an expansion pack. I guess I’d have to see the final product to decide if I’ll pick up the game at all. But here’s my voice in the noise with my disapproval face on. :p
Q:Might be an odd question but are you an Ace Attorney fan? Only there's a character in the latest game called "Juniper Woods".
Not an odd question at all. :) I’m familiar with Ace Attorney, but not that familiar. I was naming these bunch of houses after trees.
Hey everyone it’s a tumblr follower gift! Thanks, all 711 of you :).
Type: Residential House
Lot size: 40x40
Price Furnished/Unfurnished: §110 325 / §70 241
Custom Content: none
Built with EPs: Ambitions, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, Pets, Supernatural*
(*no Supernatural content was used)
^^^ Thank you ^^^
Simsecret; same old shit since Sims 2… Except it seems to have mutated into something even more ridiculous in terms of player drama, omfg. And that’s all I have to say about the matter. Toodles!
The Residents of Auberon Archive
42 East River Rd - The Dhallas / Raj, Sunita, Sam and Nancy
10 East River Rd - Siblings, Marcus and Marcella Tremaine
12 Lost Point Rd - Parise and Ernest Carlisle
The Eastgate Factory - Norman Peng and daughter, Aimee Peng
Residents of Auberon Archive:
Georgian Heights and Waterfront Neighbourhoods
2 Georgian Heights - Portia Quincy, Jolee Flores and Jeremy
The Miranda Towers - Skyla and Roman Verdante
Residents of Auberon archive:
The sims of the Old Quarter neighbourhood.
2 Melville Rd, Apt A - the Hayden brothers, Keenan, Daryl and Frederich
Stella Park Manor, Suite 300 - The Tensworth family, Meryl, Arthur, Gwen and Tristyn
I’ve been meaning to archive the residents of Auberon, so here they are, starting with the Sims of the Trinity Valley neighbourhood.
29 Thessaly St - Hiroshi Saton, Maggie Stemple and Eddie Rosenberg
9 Monarch St - Sean and Joshua Gibson
141 Holy Park Ave - Alexa Daring
51 Thessaly St - Nicholas Gale
82 Holly Park Ave - Tessa and Valerie Gallant
(Shown without CC, except for the skintones. I’m really loving Blueberry Pie skins, so they’re my new defaults. ^_^)
Still not over Sims winter. :p
Testing out the stables.
Things are settling down a little bit, and the dude got me the last Sims 3 EPs I actually wanted, but never had the time/energy to commit to before. So I’m currently working on a Pets/Seasons/Supernatural friendly version of the City of Auberon. Because I’ve added more areas and moved stuff around kind of, I don’t think it’s very compatible with games previously saved on the early version of Auberon (sorry).
Anyway, I’m currently still working on it, and doing some testing and trouble shooting. I hope to release it in a few weeks. ^_^